How to make one…. Super Scrumptious Salmon Sandwich
Salmon is an excellent source of nutrition-complete with omega-3s fatty acids; for many health ailments such as cardiac and diabetes.
To make sure you have a supply on hand to help maintain a frequent intake of oily fish.
I have always created a grocery shopping list over the week to make my shopping as easy and organized as possible. What I have decided to do lately and works very well is to add fish to my list. Purchasing one to two filets of salmon ahead of time can help make the best of a freezer.
Load up the freezers:
1. Leave on or remove the skin off the filets.
2. Using a cutting board: cut steaks into 3 oz. portion sizes.
3. Place each steak in small food storage bags.
4. Lay each baggie flat in gallon size freezer storage bag.
5. Set bag of salmon steaks flat in the freezer until frozen solid.
6. Frozen fish stay perfectly fresh for approximately three months or longer if you wish.
Morning of Thawing:
1. Remove number of pieces desired to cook for dinner.
2. Leave steaks in baggies on plates in fridge. (do not thaw at room temperature)
3. Allow steaks to thaw over the day in the fridge.
4. Fish is ready for cooking
Add cooked salmon to any number of cooking methods:
1. Pasta dishes. (Tomato or cream sauce based)
2. Asian rice dishes.
3. Salmon steak broiled, BQ, or fried and serve with potatoes, rice or beans.
A tasty sandwich to check out…….
Yield: 1 serving.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
* Four ounces of fresh salmon filet
* One slice of regular bacon
* 1/4 of a fresh avocado
* One small bunch of iceberg lettuce
* One vine ripe tomato medium slice
* One heaping tablespoon of shredded jalapeno cheese
* One tablespoon of mayonnaise combined with ½ tsp capers, dash of lemon,
and 1/2 tsp of grated fresh turmeric, dash of salt and pepper to taste
*One to two tablespoons of butter (to use for cooking salmon and Kaiser roll)
*One thin slice of red onion
*One Kaiser roll with sesame seeds
- Combine and mash with a spoon -mayonnaise, capers, lemon, turmeric, salt, pepper, and avocado together in a bowl. Smash and mix with a spoon to make a slightly lumpy paste
*Place in refrigerator for later use.
- Fry bacon until crispy, drain fat, dab with paper towel.
*Place on a plate for later use.
- Pan sear in your favorite fry pan- the fresh salmon (skin removed) in a small amount of butter. (electric stove)
*Start on high heat for approximately 1 minute, turn heat to low, flip filet over, cook until desired doneness is achieved and golden crispy on both sides.
4. When salmon is nearly finished cooking, spread butter lightly on both Kaiser roll halves, place under oven broiler, watch closely until golden brown.
5. Position bottom half Kaiser roll on plate.
* Put salmon on Kaiser roll.
*Spread avocado mixture on top of salmon.
*Sprinkle grated cheese on top of avocado mix.
*Place bacon crisscross on top of cheese.
*Lastly… layer tomato, lettuce, and red onion.
6. Top with remaining Kaiser roll half.
Serve immediately on a plate and enjoy.